A Level Maths Lecturer (based in China)
Brockenhurst College has an exciting opportunity for an A Level Maths Lecturer to join their partner school in Zhuhai, China. This is a 1 year fixed term contract offering a competitive salary of £30,000 - £37,000 per annum depending on qualifications and experience. As well as a number of benefits, full academic and cultural support will be provided by Brockenhurst College.
As an A Level Maths Lecturer you will:
- Teach on courses as agreed with Transnational Education Manager at Brockenhurst College and partner school in China
- Prepare and mark student work, monitor progress towards individual targets, keep records and provide timely reports/reviews to students, parents, School and College managers, as appropriate
- Work closely with other colleagues to respond to the needs of students
- Pay due attention to the principles of inclusive learning
- Contribute to the design, delivery and future planning and development of the curriculum
- Create, maintain and develop a teaching/learning resource bank on the College E.brock system
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of developments in the relevant subject/course
- Develop and maintain effective external links related to the delivery of the subject/course and represent the School at relevant meetings or Open Days
- Participate in relevant visits, field trips by agreement with the School
- Attend and contribute to relevant meetings, including Enrolment/Open Events and Parents’ Evenings
- Advise and assist the College and School’s head of departments and other team members in all matters related to the delivery of subject specialisms
As the successful A Level Maths Lecturer you’ll receive:
- Free two bedroom accommodation with internet access and utility bills paid or housing allowance
- Fixed contract duration of one year with the Chinese school (August 2018 to July 2019, renewable subject to agreement)
- Competitive salary equivalent to £30,000 to £37,000 depending on qualification and experience
- Chinese school holiday entitlement (based on Chinese school academic calendar)
- Travel allowance and medical insurance
- VISA application support
- Arrival assistance/settling in
- Academic and cultural support from Brockenhurst College
The ideal A Level Maths Lecturer will need:
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification in relevant subject areas
- General teaching qualifications (PGCE/Cert Ed/DTTLS)
- At least two years full time relevant subject teaching experience
- Excellent teaching skills to non-English learners and delivery to A level standard in the relevant subject(s).
- Experience working with 15-19 years old (secondary school age) teaching A level Maths and/or Further Maths.
- Knowledge and understanding of current developments in the relevant curriculum area
- First language to be in English
- Adaptable and sensitive to other cultures; able and willing to embrace them
- Determined to achieve results whilst maintaining professional, diplomatic approach
- Able to develop effective learning resources
- Evidence of working towards and achieving personal targets
- Good administrative and organisational skills
- Supportive and positive approach to teaching
- Empathy with and strong commitment to meeting the needs of individual students
Note: This role is primarily based in Zhuhai, China and will be employed by the Chinese school and governed by local law and teaching practices.
Due to visa restrictions applicants must be no older than 60 years old.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this A Level Maths Lecturer role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!