Brockenhurst College has an exciting opportunity for an Admin Assistant to join the Estates team. Working on a full time, permanent basis you will receive a competitive salary of £16,678 per annum.
We are a high-achieving college who attract around 3,000 sixth form students across the region each year. We are based within the stunning New Forest National Park and offer our students a huge range of courses and superb facilities.
The Admin Assistant Role:
- Provide a high level comprehensive secretarial/administrative service
- Have a good working knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation
- Use a business radio to communication with members of the Estates Department and other College staff
- Achieve excellent peer, customer and stakeholder relationships.
- Carry out duties with efficiency and diplomacy, paying particular attention to detail.
- The post holder will be required to contribute to the achievement of the College’s mission and strategic plan
- Undertake all mandatory training and specific training appropriate to the post.
- Able to work beyond core hours to fit in with College promotional events and workload requirements
- Undertake any other such duties, commensurate with the grade of the post, which may be reasonably allocated.
Key skills, responsibilities and attitudes required as our Admin Assistant include:
- A minimum of 5 x GCSE A-C grades to include English and Maths (or equivalent)
- A range of Level 2/3 Business Administration / Secretarial / ECDL qualifications
- A range of experience working in a comparable environment
- Customer Service experience
- Competent in all Microsoft Office programs
- Working knowledge of relevant Health & Safety legislation
Benefits as our Admin Assistant will include:
- Access to onsite Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out)
- Weekly staff Yoga and Football
- On-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates in and outside of term time
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free eye care vouchers
- Free secure onsite parking
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff) and an option to purchase further leave through our Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to the College. This is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff at the College.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Admin Assistant rolethen please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.