Apprentice Administrator - Quickstart
Brockenhurst College has an exciting opportunity for a Apprentice Administrator – Quickstart to join their team, working on a full time, permanent basis. In return, you will receive a salary of £7,599 per annum.
We are a high-achieving college who attract around 3,000 sixth form students across the region each year. Our main campus is based within the stunning New Forest National Park with superb facilities. Quickstart, where you will be based, is our centre in Southampton offering a range of programmes across Hampshire, Wiltshire and Dorset to help the unemployed gain employment or progress into further education.
The Apprentice Administrator – Quickstart role:
You will provide comprehensive administrative support as part of the Employment Support Services Team.
Key responsibilities as our Apprentice Administrator – Quickstart:
- Provide an efficient and comprehensive administrative service for the team, taking and communicating messages, working through the various processes and systems that support the work Employment Support undertake with a particular emphasis on logging customer referrals accurately on our Access Databases.
- Deal with incoming mail and postal duties.
- Respond to all external and internal telephone and email enquiries, providing accurate advice and support where necessary. Maintain the generic email account for Employment Support Services.
- Maintain learner packs and documentation and track relevant paperwork sent to participating colleges.
- Weekly update of learner tracking procedures within Excel/Access.
- Order and maintain stationery and other supplies.
- Assist in the implementation of an effective filing system.
- Liaise with external organisations and bodies relevant to the specific responsibilities of the Employment Services Co-ordinator.
- Undertake specific responsibilities as agreed with the post holder.
- Assist colleagues as required and be willing to sometimes work flexibly to help cover events.
- Carry out duties with efficiency and diplomacy, ensuring confidentiality is maintained.
- Undertake such duties as may be reasonably requested from time to time
Key skills and attributes required as our Apprentice Administrator – Quickstart will include:
- GCSE C English
- Experience working or work experience within an office environment
- Experience preparing documents and general communications e.g. letters; Maintaining files and records;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including use of Outlook, Word and Excel spreadsheets.
- Positive approach to others in the organisation.
Benefits as our Apprentice Administrator – Quickstart will include:
- Access to onsite Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out)
- Weekly staff Yoga and Football
- On-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates in and outside of term time
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free eye care vouchers
- Free secure onsite parking
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff) and an option to purchase further leave through our Annual Leave Purchase Scheme.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to the College. This is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff at the College.
Closing date: 26th January 2019
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Apprentice Administrator – Quickstart role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.