Brockenhurst College has an exciting opportunity for an Assessor Boatbuilding to join their dedicated and enthusiastic team based in their Marine Team at Marchwood. You will be working on a part time, claims basis, in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £12.52 - £17.67 per hour.
We are a high-achieving college who attract around 2,800 sixth form students across the region each year. We are based within the stunning New Forest National Park and offer our students a huge range of courses and superb facilities.
As our Assessor Boatbuilding you will:
- Manage a case load of apprentices undertaking an apprenticeship in Boat Building as agreed with the Head of Curriculum and/or relevant College managers.
- Sign up apprentices and ensure all paperwork is completed with the employer and the apprentice.
- Prepare documentation for target setting meetings and ensure all arrangements for end point assessment are in place
- Act as a liaison between apprentices and subject delivery staff to apprentices.
- Conduct on site health and safety checks as required in line with the organisations policy.
- Prepare and assess students work and monitor progress towards individual targets, keep records and provide timely reports/reviews to learners, parents, employers and college managers, as appropriate.
- Work closely with other colleagues to respond to the needs of students.
- Pay due attention to the principles of inclusive learning
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of developments in the relevant occupational sector and curriculum.
- Develop relationships with local employers to facilitate recruitment
- Attend and contribute to relevant meetings, including Enrolment/Open Events and Parents’ Evening, as appropriate.
The ideal Assessor Boatbuilding will need:
- Level 3 Professional qualification in relevant subject area with occupational competence
- Assessor Awards (D32, D33) or TAQA level 3 equivalent or working towards them
- GCSE English and Maths/ Functional Skills
- Working knowledge of composites
-Experience of working in a boatyard or shipyard
- Experience of working with young people in the workplace or an educational setting
- Portfolio building – e-portfolio knowledge would be an advantage
- Knowledge and understanding of current developments in the sector
- Excellent knowledge of legislation in the sector regarding health and safety requirements
- Knowledge of apprenticeship standards
- Full UK Driving Licence and own transport is required for the role.
Benefits as the Assessor Boatbuilding will include:
- Access to onsite Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out)
- Weekly staff Yoga and Football
- On-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates in and outside of term time
- Enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Free eye care vouchers
- Free secure onsite parking
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- 37 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff) and an option to purchase further leave through our Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to the College. This is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff at the College.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Assessor Boatbuilding role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.