We are just finalising some changes to the functionality of the system.
Please click here to access your application for a vacancy if you applied before Friday 13th May 2022
To make a new application or continue with one that you began after this date, please login or select apply for this job as normal. You will need to re-register.
Baby Room - Room Leader
Highwood Nursery – Brockenhurst College has an opportunity for a Baby Room Leader to join their dedicated and enthusiastic team based in Brockenhurst. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £24,032.00 to £25,565.00 per annum DOE.
We are a high-achieving college who attract around 2,800 sixth form students across the region each year. We are based within the stunning New Forest National Park and offer our students a huge range of courses and superb facilities.
Our ideal Baby Room Leader will need:
- Assist and support the Childcare Manager in ensuring staff adhere to and implement, relevant regulations and criteria within the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) keeping abreast of recent developments
- Assist ensuring staff adhere to and implement Nursery policies, procedures, health and safety and relevant legislation
- Assist in ensuring staff take responsibility for the organisation, preparation and planning of continuous provision
- Assist in liaising with various departments within the college concerning the development and strategic direction of College Childcare facilities, including the Director of Finance and Customer services
- Assist in liaising with various departments within the college and provide relevant reports to support, maintain and develop provision
- Assist in liaising with various outside agencies to support the development of provision, including SFYC, OFSTED and local infant/primary schools
- Assist in ensuring and promoting the safety and wellbeing of staff, children and visitors within the setting
- Assist in ensuring the high profile of the nursery is promoted and upheld at all times
- Assist in ensuring staff mentor and co-ordinate volunteers, students and apprentices who are undertaking placements within our setting
- Support the Childcare Manager by taking responsibility for co-ordinating, identifying and recording of staff teams training and professional developmental needs
- Assist and support the Childcare Manager by taking responsibility for all day-to-day operational matters within the setting when required
As our Baby Room Leader you will need:
- A Full and relevant level 3 qualification e.g., NNEB Diploma, NVQ 3 in Childcare, CCLD, Btech or EYPW.
- GCSE in English and Maths at Grade C or above, or equivalent
- At least 2 years’ experience of working in a group care setting in a Senior role, for example Senior Nursery Nurse or equivalent.
- Able to demonstrate a professional approach with parents, staff, children and external agencies and partners
- Good knowledge of the EYFS and OFSTED regulations
- Able to demonstrate extensive understanding of childcare, development, and behaviour
- Able to demonstrate good practice and principles in relation to equality and diversity
- Competent computer skills
- Child Protection training
- First Aid (current certification preferable)
- Committed to promoting equality and diversity
Benefits of becoming our Baby Room Leader:
- Access to onsite Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out)
- Weekly staff Yoga and Football
- On-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates all year round
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free eye care vouchers for DSE users
- Free secure onsite parking
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to the College. This is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff at the College
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Baby Room Leader role, then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date: Wednesday 29th June
Early applications are advised as we reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.