Do you have a Carpentry Qualification or are you a time served apprentice?
We are seeking a positive, innovative and enthusiastic individual who is looking for a new challenge?
Brockenhurst College are looking for a carpentry technician to join their team in Marchwood. They are looking for a dedicated and passionate individual to support the teachers and students across the workshops within the centre
You will be responsible for ensuring that all workshops are prepared for classes and ensuring that health and safety is adhered to at all times across all workshops.
The role will also require the individual to carry out general duties across the centre.
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity for you, then please apply today!
We are a high-achieving college who attract around 3,000 sixth form students across the region each year. We are based within the stunning New Forest National Park and offer our students a huge range of courses and superb facilities.
- Supporting the lecturing staff in the delivery of courses to include demonstrating the safe use of tools and equipment.
- Preparing, setting up, clearing away and storing apparatus and equipment.
- Issuing materials, tools and equipment in a safe condition to students and staff.
- Site maintenance, fault finding, repair and servicing of equipment.
- Assisting in the development of the new workshops under the direction of the senior technician.
Key responsibilities, skills and attitudes
- Excellent understanding of Health and Safety
- Flexible, adaptable with a positive approach
- Excellent organisational, communication, and administrative skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team
If you are interested, please apply today by clicking the link and completing an application through our careers portal.
Please be aware we only accept fully completed applications, therefore please take the time to complete our application form.
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.