WESSex Education Shared Services has an exciting opportunity for an Exams Officer to join their dedicated and enthusiastic team at Brockenhurst College. Working on a full time, permanent basis you will receive a competitive salary of £22,422 per annum.
We are a high-achieving college who attract around 3,000 sixth form students across the region each year. We are based within the stunning New Forest National Park and offer our students a huge range of courses and superb facilities.
The Exams Officer Role:
Working for a shared service that delivers support services for multiple colleges, you will be working within the team that oversees the student records and data services at WESS customer colleges. While a good mix of skills is required to perform the job, more important is having the ability to learn, take ownership and drive to improve processes.
Main responsibilities as our Exam Officer:
- Be up to date and regularly share the expertise and knowledge for delivering all aspects of examinations.
- Work closely and support the Management team in the delivery of the services.
- Work with the necessary depts. to ensure that all access exam arrangements and other special arrangements are in place as per JCQ and Awarding Body guidance.
- Co-ordinate processes to provide the administration of Learner data examination and achievement events within the teams remit delivering an audit and JCQ Regulations compliant service.
- Maintain all examination processes and be accountable for accurate efficient data records.
- Ensure that a good customer service is always delivered and that the learner and/or staff colleague are advised correctly as required.
- Ensure an enquiry and advisory based service is delivered in order to help college colleagues and learner gather the information as required.
- Be registered as the Centre’s Exam Officer and/or Head of Centre as appropriate.
- Oversee the daily operations and processes of the Exams Service provision ensuring that the service is available as per customer college requirements.
Key skills, responsibilities and attitudes required as our Exams Officer include:
- Ability to deliver on multiple workloads within time restraints
- Ability to work under own initiative or as part of a team
- Ability to work to a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to solve an error/problem in a logical and structured manner
- A skilled troubleshooter
- To be data orientated with the ability to input accurately and analyse as required
- Ability to master data systems and processes efficiently and effectively
- Level 3 qualification
- 5 GCSE’s (at grade C or above) including maths and English
- Experience of following processes and procedures
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Experience of cash handling and following financial policies
- Experience of delivering a good customer service
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Exams Officer role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.