Foundation Independence Hub Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Brockenhurst College for a Foundation Independence Hub Manager who will support the Head of Curriculum to develop and manage the new Foundation Learning provision for Pre/Entry Learners with complex needs within the newly built Hub at Brockenhurst College. The Independence Hub Manager will have responsibility of ensuring that a high-quality experience is delivered, that meets the needs of the students and the local community and delivers excellent achievement and progression. The is a full time, permanent position and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £37,582- £42,185 per annum.
The successful candidate will have excellent teaching skills, a keen sense of responsibility, ownership and a ‘can do’ approach to addressing everyday challenges. If you believe you have the skills, experience and motivation to make a difference, we strongly encourage you to apply for the post at Brockenhurst College.
The ideal candidate will have a degree and /or professional experience at an appropriate level and a teaching qualification, either a PGCE or a Level 5 teaching qualification with a specialism in SEND.
They will have knowledge and experience of delivering high quality Teaching, Learning & Assessment in SEND, ideally within FE, and a record of delivering high achievement rates. They will also have experience of working with various stakeholders including Local Authority engagement.
They will have excellent interpersonal skills and, ideally will have some experience in supporting a team of professionals and helping to create a culture of excellence and continuous improvement.
About the role:
As the Foundation Independence Hub Manager, you will ensure effective operational management of the Foundation Learning Independence hub. You will lead high quality teaching, learning, assessment and support that meets the needs of learners with complex needs and enables progression to positive adult lives.
Responsibilities as our Foundation Independence Hub Manager will include:
- Ensure the safeguarding of learners and health and safety practices within the Hub
- Collaborate and support the Head of Curriculum in the planning and efficient delivery of a high quality, aspirational and inspiring curriculum
- Deliver high quality teaching on a directed FTE fraction to be reviewed annually in line with the increase in size and complexity of cohort
- Deliver high quality teaching, learning and assessment that drives excellent rates of personalised progress
- Develop and maintain inspirational and effective learning environments and resources
- Advise the Head of Curriculum on staffing requirements and participate in the ongoing recruitment of teaching and support staff
- Have direct responsibility for the line management and professional development of the Independence Hub Learning Support Team to drive ongoing improvements to support teaching, learning and assessment in the curriculum area
- Monitor individual staff performance targets, addressing under-performance and identifying excellence to share best practice
- Ensure that staff are well-managed and supported
- Support the recruitment of Independence Hub learners
As our Foundation Independence Hub Manager, you’ll ideally have:
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification in relevant subject area.
- Appropriate teacher training qualification.
- Record of continuous professional and career development.
Experience of high quality teaching to both 16-25 year olds and adult students with SEND including complex needs.
- Demonstrable experience of curriculum/course development, learning and pastoral support relating to improving outcomes for learners with SEND
- Knowledge and understanding of current developments in SEND
- Knowledge of appropriate funding mechanisms, safeguarding and health and safety requirements.
- Demonstrable evidence of effectively managing a team
- 37 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff) plus up to 5 college effeciancy days
- An option to purchase further leave through our Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to the College. This is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff at the College.
- On-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates in and outside of term time
- Enrolment into the Teachers Pension Scheme
- Free eye care vouchers
- Free secure onsite parking
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- Access to onsite Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out)
- Weekly staff football
Please contact Sara Fisher (email@example.com) for any further information or to arrange a visit to campus and see the new build.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Foundation Independence Hub Manager role, then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date: Sunday 11th June
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.