Healthcare Assistant/Learning Support - Foundation Independence Hub
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Health Care/ Learning Support Assistant to join the team at Brockenhurst College on permanent basis, Monday to Friday, 40 weeks per year, who will provide health, learning and well-being support and assistance to Foundation Independence Hub students who have identified care and learning needs. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £20,103 Pro Rata per annum.
The duties will include providing high levels of personal care, liaising with appropriate health professionals and therapists to ensure that the individual needs of the students are met.
About the role:
As the Healthcare Assistant / Learning Support Assistant you will provide health, learning and well-being support and assistance to Foundation Independence Hub students who have identified care and learning needs.
Responsibilities as our Healthcare Assistant / Learning Support Assistant will include:
- Providing high levels of personal care showing respect for dignity of individuals
- Undertaking intimate personal care
- From existing documentation and the student profile and in consultation with tutor, identifying a range of strategies for supporting individual students
- Taking into account the particular needs involved, aid the student(s) to learn as effectively as possible both in group situations and individually
- Contributing to the maintenance of student progress records by feeding back to the tutor in relation to progress and achievement of students, including reference to attitude and behaviour
- Assisting in administering routine tests, invigilate exams and act as reader/scribe in exams, as appropriate
- Supporting learning activities and develop students’ competence and independence in its use including ICT skills
- Being aware of and complying with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate internal nominee
- Contributing to the development of a College culture that supports our vision and core purpose, core values and strategic priorities
- Working with integrity, openness and honesty to create a self-critical culture that strives for excellence
As our Healthcare Assistant / Learning Support Assistant, you’ll ideally have:
- Educational qualifications to GCSE standard in Maths, English
- Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Health and Social Care or Level 3 National Diploma in health and social care or NVQ Level 3 in Adult health and social care
- Experience in working in a healthcare environment (this is preferable over a social care environment) specialist schools, one to one specialist support
- The ability to relate well to students with a diverse range of needs
- The ability to communicate and establish rapport with young people and colleagues
- The ability to build and maintain stable, productive and appropriate relationships with students and staff boundaries
- The capability of recognising and implementing professional boundaries at all times
- A desire to work with and support the learning of young people and facilitate student integration.
- A willingness to be flexible as to working hours according to the needs of the students
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff)
- An option to purchase further leave through our Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to the College. This is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff at the College.
- On-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates in and outside of term time
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free eye care vouchers
- Free secure onsite parking
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- Access to onsite Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out)
- Weekly staff football
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Healthcare Assistant / Learning Support Assistant role, then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date: Sunday 11th June
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.