IT Services Helpdesk Co-Ordinator (Apprentice Level-2) - CTTA21
Brockenhurst College has an exciting opportunity for a IT Services Helpdesk Co-Ordinator (Apprentice L2) – CTTA21 to join their team, working on a full time, fixed term basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £3.90 ph / £144.30 pw / £7,503.60 per annum.
We are a high-achieving college who attract around 3,000 sixth form students across the region each year. We are based within the stunning New Forest National Park and offer our students a huge range of courses and superb facilities.
The IT Services Helpdesk Co-Ordinator (Apprentice L2) role:
You will provide 1st line support to student and staff users of the College’s information technology systems; to ensure that staff and students receive the best possible support in accordance with College policies and procedures.
Key responsibilities as our IT Services Helpdesk Co-Ordinator (Apprentice L2):
- Provide 1st line helpdesk support for staff and students experiencing problems with any operating systems or applications installed upon their workstations or the network. If unable to resolve, escalate to 2nd line support.
- Log all details of the user’s problem into the IT Services call logging system.
- Provide assistance to staff and students experiencing problems with their workstation’s hardware.
- Log all requests for support and fault notification in Track-It.
- Assign all new incoming support requests in Track-It to the correct departments/teams and in certain cases to individual technicians.
- Routinely, monitor overdue support calls in Track-It and where necessary chase the assigned technician for an update.
- Assist in the day-to-day administration of the Procurement process.
- Assist in the day-to-day departmental administration/paperwork.
- Ensure that the hardware database holds accurate and up to date details of each workstation’s hardware configuration and to provide reports on request.
- Ensure effective communication with users through support activities.
- Create and maintain user network accounts and allocate pre-approved printing credits.
- Inputting information on to IT Services Track-it Helpdesk System, e.g. Ordering, Inventory and Support requests from users.
- Updating / amending / reconciling manual and computerised records on ITS systems.
- Ensuring all network account paperwork is kept up to date and filed correctly.
- Printer supplies and stock checks to be reconciled against records.
- Assist in the audit routines.
- Assist during induction process by allocating paperwork and ID cards.
- Contribute to the annual Self-Assessment reporting (SAR).
- Comply with the Data Protection Act and Health and Safety procedures in accordance with College policy.
- Comply with the quality standards and IT Services working procedures set out for the section.
- Undertake any other such duties, commensurate with the grade of the post, which may be reasonably required.
Key skills and attributes required as our IT Services Helpdesk Co-Ordinator (Apprentice L2) will include:
- Current IT experience. You should be computer literate.
- General administration and paperwork experience
- Experience providing excellent customer service
- Inputting and keyboard skills
- Working knowledge Windows 7 & 10.
- MS Office and other Microsoft applications experience
- Basic understanding of Telecommunication systems
- The ability to follow section procedures systematically.
- The ability to document procedures clearly and systematically.
- Flexibility to vary hours at short notice.
Benefits as our IT Services Helpdesk Co-Ordinator (Apprentice L2) will include:
- Access to onsite Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out)
- Weekly staff Yoga and Football
- On-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates in and outside of term time
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free eye care vouchers
- Free secure onsite parking
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff) and an option to purchase further leave through our Annual Leave Purchase Scheme.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to the College. This is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff at the College.
Closing date: 20th January 2019
If you feel you are the right candidate for this IT Services Helpdesk Co-Ordinator (Apprentice L2) role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.