IT Services Officer (Generalist) - CTTA20
Are you passionate about IT – diagnosing and resolving hardware or software issues?
Do you have current experience in an IT support, technical support, IT engineer, or IT specialist role with knowledge of supporting Apple Mac & PC based systems, Windows 7, Windows 10, PC hardware and interfacing?
Are you looking for a working environment where you can grow and develop a long-term career with fantastic benefits and a brilliant team atmosphere?
If so, we are looking for you to join our dynamic IT Services at Brockenhurst College. We are looking to recruit passionate and talented people who possess an IT qualification and have current experience within an IT support position - so if this sounds like you, please apply today.
Who we are?
We are a high-achieving college who attract around 3,000 sixth form students across the region each year. We are based within the stunning New Forest National Park and offer our students a huge range of courses and superb facilities.
What will you be doing?
As the IT Services Officer you will provide second line support for staff and students with hardware and software. You’ll ensure they receive the best possible support when experiencing problems and escalate this to third line support and logging these requests when necessary.
- Ensure any undesirable software is not installed on any workstation and assist the IT Services senior staff in resolution if problems occur.
- Assist in the installation or upgrade of computer hardware and software.
- Provide support during open events and parent evenings with IT and AV systems.
- Perform fault diagnosis and testing of hardware and network cables.
- Provide IT Services to all College out centres.
- Ensure IT Services polices/procedures are adhered to and compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation and Health & Safety Act.
- Assist in the maintenance and development of the College telecommunications systems, voicemail, Tannoy, CCTV & Access Control systems.
- Ensure the safekeeping of master copies of licensed software and backup media.
- Manage the purchasing of both hardware and software; ensuring purchases comply with departmental standards and College financial regulations.
- Undertake any other duties that become necessary.
What experience do you need?
- Relevant IT qualification.
- Experience in an IT support role or similar.
- Experience working in the education sector (desirable).
- Working knowledge of Windows 7 and 10, PC hardware, Apple Mac and PC based systems.
- Understanding of networking environments and telecommunication systems.
- Systematic and organised approach.
- Team player
- Strong communication skills with the ability to demonstrate a high level of customer care
- Ability to staff the IT Services Helpdesk e.g. taking support calls
- Flexibility in terms of working hours
If this IT Services Officer vacancy sounds like the opportunity for you and you have the necessary skills and experience, we’d love to hear from you.
Please apply today by completing the online application form on the College careers site. You will be directed to this by clicking apply or sent the link once registered.
The closing date for applications is 29th March 2019.
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.
- Access to onsite Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out)
- Weekly staff Yoga and Football
- On-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates in and outside of term time
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free eye care vouchers
- Free secure onsite parking
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff) and an option to purchase further leave through our Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to the College. This is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff at the College.