Learning Resources Assistant
Are you passionate about supporting students with their learning success and achievement?
Do you have good interpersonal skills with the ability of developing positive relationships with individuals at all levels?
The Learning Resources Centre (LRC) at Brockenhurst College seeks to recruit an enthusiastic and highly motivated LRC Assistant who will support the information needs of 16 – 19 year old students following vocational and non-vocational courses. You will be required to deliver high quality customer service, be an active team player with an enquiring mind and possess up to date IT skills. Our preferred candidate will enjoy working with 16 – 19 year old students and ideally have previous experience of working in an educational environment or with young people.
If this Learning Resource Centre Assistant role sounds interesting, please apply today!
We are a high-achieving college who attract around 3,000 sixth form students across the region each year. We are based within the stunning New Forest National Park and offer our students a huge range of courses and superb facilities.
As the Learning Resource Centre Assistant, you will deliver excellent levels of customer service within the LRC, ensuring that support and assistance is provided across the library facilities; maintaining the smooth running of the library. You will be responsible for assisting in the supervision of centre users to ensure a consistent quiet and purposeful learning environment.
Duties will include: using initiative to resolve problems that may arise, effectively prioritising workload to meet set deadlines; ensuring students are able to use the equipment and resources provided; assisting students with access to the facilities offered; establishing a supportive and constructive relationship with the students meeting their individual needs whether this is helping with research or providing resources.
The contract will be 16 hours per week (Monday to Friday 10:30am – 14:15pm) and spread across 37 weeks per year, predominantly during term time.
Key responsibilities, skills and attitudes
- Maintaining a quiet and appropriate leaning environment for all
- Assisting in administrative and clerical duties associated with the LRC.
- Operation of a loan counter service to staff and students.
- Assisting the users of the LRC with any enquiries about equipment and software offered
- Cover the centre, helping with the loanable facilities such as laptops
- Assisting students with the careers resources
- Maintenance of stock in the LRC, shelving and filing
- Preparing of LRC displays and publications
- Able to carry out research from a variety of sources to be published in LRC tumblr pages
- Assisting a range of students with their personal development of effective study skills
- Computer literate with knowledge of different applications
- Flexibility in working hours to accommodate
- Level 3 qualification or equivalent
If this Learning Resource Centre Assistant role is something you are interested in please apply today by clicking the link and completing an application through our careers portal.
Please be aware we only accept fully completed applications, therefore please take the time to complete our application form.
Safeguarding Recruitment Statement
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.