Learning Support Assistant
Brockenhurst College are looking for a Learning Support Assistant to join our existing team. You will be required to be available to work Monday – Friday from 9am to 4:20pm for 34 weeks per year plus an additional 10 hours allocated for training throughout the academic year.
You will be required to have an awareness of the SEND Code of Practice 2014 and the statutory duties placed on post 16 provision.
You will need to have a commitment to the inclusion of young people with SEND in to a main stream college environment and have an empathy and understanding of the challenges they may face.
The team provides both generic and targeted support to students identified as having additional learning needs on programmes ranging from entry level to A Level. The support provided may include an element of personal care and Occupational Therapy.
It would be desirable for applicants to have achieved GCSE’s in Maths, English and ICT or be willing to work towards achieving once employment commences alongside the L2/3 qualification in supporting teaching and learning. Which level of programme you will enrol on will be dependent on previous experience.
The College are always seeking excellent people to support our students and applications are welcome year round but interviews will be held week beginning 26th August 2019 in readiness for the start of the academic year week commencing 5th September 2019.
Please note that the contracted hours for the post may vary each year depending on student needs.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.
- Access to onsite Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out)
- Weekly staff Yoga and Football
- On-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates in and outside of term time
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free eye care vouchers
- Free secure onsite parking
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff) and an option to purchase further leave through our Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to the College. This is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff at the College.