We are just finalising some changes to the functionality of the system.
Please click here to access your application for a vacancy if you applied before Friday 13th May 2022
To make a new application or continue with one that you began after this date, please login or select apply for this job as normal. You will need to re-register.
Learning Support Assistant
Brockenhurst College has an exciting opportunity for a Learning Support Assistant to join their dedicated and enthusiastic team. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £18,323 to £19,224 per annum pro rata DOE. This is an Annualised Hours post working over 35 weeks, with various hours available.
We are a high-achieving college who attract around 3,000 sixth-form students across the region each year. We are based within the stunning New Forest National Park and offer our students a huge range of courses and superb facilities.
As a Learning Support Assistant you will:
- From existing documentation and the student profile and in consultation with the tutor, identify a range of strategies for supporting individual students
- Taking into account the particular needs involved, aid the student(s) to learn as effectively as possible both in group situations and individually
- Contribute to the maintenance of student progress records by feeding back to the tutor in relation to progress and achievement of students, including reference to attitude and behaviour
- Assist in administering routine tests, invigilate exams and act as reader/scribe in exams, as appropriate
- Support learning activities and develop students’ competence and independence in its use including ICT skills
- Prepare and use equipment/resources
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate internal nominee
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure students have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
- Contribute to and support the overall ethos/work/aims of the College
- Attend and participate in relevant team meetings and in-service training
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
- Assist with the supervision of students out of lesson times, including before and after the College timetable and at break times, as needed
- Accompany teaching staff and students on visits, trips and out of College activities as required and take responsibility for a group under the supervision of the teacher
- Take note of and comply with College HR procedures for reporting absences, lateness, etc
Our ideal Learning Support Assistant:
- Educational qualifications to GCSE standard in Maths, English and ICT (Grade C)
- Able to relate well to students with a diverse range of needs
- Willingness to undertake a relevant learning support qualification
- Able to build and maintain stable, productive and appropriate relationships with students and staff
- Able to communicate and establish rapport with young people and colleagues
Benefits of becoming our Learning Support Assistant:
- Access to onsite Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out)
- Weekly staff Yoga and Football
- On-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates in and outside of term time
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free eye care vouchers
- Free secure onsite parking
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to the College. This is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff at the College.
Closing Date: 25 June 2022
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Learning Support Assistant role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.