Learning Support Assistant
We’re looking for a committed and creative Learning Support Assistant to join our team here at Brockenhurst College on a variable annual hours basis, worked over variable weeks per yearbasis. In return,you will receive a competitive salary of £20,103 - £21,060 Depending on Experience, Pro Rata.
We are a high-achieving college who attract around 2,800 sixth form students across the region each year. We are based within the stunning New Forest National Park and offer our students a huge range of courses and superb facilities.
About the role:
As the Learning Support Assistant you will work under the instruction/guidance of teaching staff to enable access to learning for students and to assist tutors in the management of students and the learning environment.
Responsibilities as our Learning Support Assistant will include:
- Supporting the Student;
- From existing documentation and the student profile and in consultation with the tutor, identifying a range of strategies for supporting individual students
- Taking into account the particular needs involved, aid the student(s) to learn as effectively as possible both in group situations and individually by
- Supporting the Tutor;
- Contributing to the maintenance of student progress records by feeding back to the tutor in relation to the progress and achievement of students, including reference to attitude and behaviour
- Assisting in administering routine tests, invigilating exams and acting as reader/scribe in exams, as appropriate.
- Supporting the Curriculum;
- Supporting learning activities and developing students’ competence and independence in their use including ICT skills
- Preparing and using equipment/resources
- Supporting the College;
- Being aware of and complying with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate internal nominee.
- Being aware of and supporting differences and ensuring students have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
As our Learning Support Assistant, you’ll ideally have:
- Educational qualifications to GCSE standard in Maths, English and ICT (C Grade)
- The ability to relate well to students with a diverse range of needs
- The ability to communicate and establish rapport with young people and colleagues
- Able to build and maintain stable, productive and appropriate relationships with students and staff boundaries
- Recognising and implementing professional boundaries at all times
- A desire to work with and support the learning of young people and facilitate student integration.
- Willingness to be flexible as to working hours according to the needs of the students
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff)
- An option to purchase further leave through our Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to the College. This is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff at the College.
- On-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates in and outside of term time
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free eye care vouchers
- Free secure onsite parking
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- Access to onsite Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out)
- Weekly staff football
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Learning Support Assistant role,then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK