Lecturer in Computing and IT
Brockenhurst College has an exciting new opportunity for a Lecturer in Computing and IT to join the team on a full time, permanent basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary up to £37,582 per annum DOE. The college has a discretionary pay scale up to £42,329 that may be awarded depending on experience. The successful candidate will be a dedicated, inspirational individual with a passion for teaching.
We are a high-achieving college who attract around 2,800 sixth form students across the region each year. We are based within the stunning New Forest National Park and offer our students a huge range of courses and superb facilities.
You will be joining the Department of Computer Science and IT. The department offers a range of courses: A level Computer Science, BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in IT, BTEC Level 3 Extended Certificate in IT and the OCR Level 2 Cambridge Technical Diploma in IT.
About the role:
As the Lecturer in Computing and IT, you will continually improve the learning experience and achievement of students through effective and inspirational teaching.
Responsibilities as our Lecturer in Computing and IT will include:
- Teaching on courses as agreed with the Head of Curriculum
- Acting as Course Leader, when requested
- Preparing and marking student work, monitoring progress towards individual targets, keeping records and providing timely reports/reviews to students, parents, employers and College managers, as appropriate
- Working closely with other colleagues to respond to the needs of students
- Paying due attention to the principles of inclusive learning including: support for students with learning difficulties and disabilities; effective differentiation; general resources, including the use of Information Learning Technology.
- Contributing to the design, delivery and future planning and development of the curriculum
- Contributing to the teaching/learning resource bank including e-resources for the relevant subject/courses
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of developments in the relevant subject/course
As our Lecturer in Computing and IT, you’ll ideally have:
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification in relevant subject area
- Appropriate teacher training qualification (or working towards this)
- Excellent teaching skills
- The ability to manage learners and learning effectively
- Able to develop effective learning resources
- Ability to teach level 2 and 3
- Lead Internal Verification
- Teaching BTEC RQF
- Knowledge of the need for membership of a professional body in Computing and IT
- Knowledge and understanding of current developments in the relevant curriculum area
- Knowledge of appropriate health and safety requirements
- 37 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to the College. This is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff at the College.
- On-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates in and outside of term time
- Enrolment into the Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Free eye care vouchers
- Free secure onsite parking
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- Access to onsite Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out)
- Weekly staff football
Closing Date: Sunday 4th June 2023
Early applications are advised as we reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Lecturer in Computing and IT role, then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.