We are just finalising some changes to the functionality of the system.
Please click here to access your application for a vacancy if you applied before Friday 13th May 2022
To make a new application or continue with one that you began after this date, please login or select apply for this job as normal. You will need to re-register.
Lecturer in Electrical Installation
Brockenhurst College has an exciting opportunity for a Lecturer in Electrical Installation to join their dedicated and enthusiastic team based at Marchwood Skills Centre. You will be working on a full time basis, in return, you will receive a competitive salary of up to £41,449 dependent on experience.
We are a high-achieving college who attract around 2,800 sixth form students across the region each year. We are based within the stunning New Forest National Park and offer our students a huge range of courses and superb facilities.
As our Lecturer in Electrical Installation you will:
- Teach and assess on a range of courses as agreed with the Head of Marchwood and/or relevant College managers.
- Act as a Personal Tutor to students, if required.
- Prepare and assess student work, monitor progress towards individual targets, keep records and provide timely reports/reviews to learners, parents, employers and College managers, as appropriate.
- Work closely with other colleagues to respond to the needs of students.
- Pay due attention to the principles of inclusive learning
- Contribute to the design, delivery and future planning and development of the curriculum.
- Ensure that literacy and numeracy skills are developed through the programmes.
- Contribute to the teaching/learning resource bank for the relevant programmes.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of developments in the relevant occupational sector and curriculum.
- Organise and participate in relevant visits, field trips etc.
- Attend and contribute to relevant meetings, including Enrolment/Open Events and Parents’ Evening, as appropriate.
The ideal Lecturer in Electrical Installation will need:
- C&G 236 Part 1 &2 or equivalent
- C&G 233D Level 2 &3 or equivalent
- C&G 2365 Level 2 &3 or equivalent
- C&G 2391 or equivalent
- BS 5671- 18th Edition (Wiring regs)
- Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training or equivalent
- A1 (D32/33) Assessors Award Qualification
- V1 (D34) Assessors Award Qualification (IQA)
- Experience in delivering Level 2 & Level 3 Electrical Installation
- Minimum of three years’ industry experience in Electrical.
- Good IT skills
- Excellent teaching skills and the ability to differentiate
- Willingness to develop E learning and use E learning
- Full UK Driving Licence
Benefits as the Lecturer in Electrical Installation will include:
- Access to onsite Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out)
- Weekly staff Yoga and Football
- On-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates in and outside of term time
- Enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Free eye care vouchers
- Free secure onsite parking
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- 37 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff) and an option to purchase further leave through our Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to the College. This is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff at the College.
Closing Date – Sunday 26th June
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Lecturer in Electrical Installation role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.