We have just completed an upgrade to the functionality of the system, so if you are revisiting the site regarding a vacancy you applied for before Friday 13th May 2022 please click here.
To make a new application please select apply for this job as normal. You will need to re-register / register.
If you are revisiting the site regarding a vacancy that you have applied for since Friday 13th May 2022, please log in using your existing username and password – once logged-in, you will be presented with a menu of options.
Office Coordinator (Employment Support Services)
We have a new opportunity available for an Office Coordinator (Employment Support Services) to join our team based at our Basepoint Business Centre, Southampton. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £24,513 -£26,180 per annum, DOE.
Quickstart are a government funded Employment Support Service team, run by Brockenhurst College, who provide a range of free training programmes for unemployed individuals across Hampshire, Dorset and surrounding areas to help job seekers gain employment or further education. We are a satellite centre based in central Southampton and have a range of facilities available to staff and students.
Your responsibilities as our Office Coordinator will include:
- Co-ordinate administration processes to ensure an efficient and comprehensive administrative service that supports the work Employment Support undertake
- Co-ordinate the administration of bespoke projects, including liaison with partner organisations/lead providers
- Support the HOC with tracking processes to ensure contract targets are met and audit requirements and paperwork processes meet expectations.
- Co-ordinate the internal audit process required by external partnerships, ESFA, Ofsted and the college.
- Co-ordinate enrolments, registrations and certification process of learners.
- Reflect and adapt administrative processes and systems to enable timely reports and statistics for HOC, external partnerships and Ofsted.
- Implementing administration processes for new provision funded via ESF and AEB contracts.
- Support the financial status of department. Track income and compare to AEB reports. Liaise with MIBP/College on any issues
- Take a proactive role in supporting quality of provision by working with relevant staff to ensure systems and procedures operate effectively for the entitlement and needs of the learners and the quality requirements of ESFA, OFSTED and Matrix.
- To participate in any other aspect of teamwork including project meetings etc.
- Help to build and maintain strong working relationships with external organisations to support the team’s high quality provision.
- Customer facing – as part of the team, support with queries from learners, visitors, partners, tutors and the public.
- Attend meetings internally and externally as required.
What we are looking for in our Office Coordinator:
- Educated to Level 3 or above
- Experience in the training/education sector.
- Experience in tracking the delivery and funding of government funded programmes
- Preparation of reports and formal documents;
- Preparation of general communications e.g. letters; Maintaining files and records; Planning own work routines and cycle.
- Creating and evaluating statistical reports
- Commitment to achieving high standards.
- Desire to train and develop in areas identified in review and appraisal
Positive approach to others in the organisation.
Benefits as the Office Coordinator will include:
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free eye care vouchers
- Secure onsite parking
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff)
- An option to purchase further leave through our Annual Leave Purchase Scheme (Support Staff only)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to the College. This is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff at the College.
Additional benefits available from main site:
- Access to onsite Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out)
- Weekly staff Yoga and Football
- On-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates in and outside of term time
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Office Coordinator role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date: Thurs, 20th October 2022
Interview Date: Thurs, 27th October 2022
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.