Outdoor Instructor (Casual)
Brockenhurst College has an exciting opportunity for a Casual Instructor to join their team based at Hengistbury Head Outdoor Centre. Working on a casual basis you will receive a competitive salary of £8.20 per hour. We have 8 positions available!
We are a high-achieving college who attract around 3,000 sixth form students across the region each year. We are based within the stunning New Forest National Park and offer our students a huge range of courses and superb facilities.
The Casual Instructor Role:
Reporting to the Head of Department Outdoor Education, you will be responsible for instructing water and land based sports.
As an Outdoor Instructor you will also:
- Give a high profile to equality of opportunity in all areas of activity, including compliance with the Equal Opportunities policy.
- Aim to provide a safe and secure environment for all our students in compliance with our Child Protection policy.
- Ensure compliance with the Disability Statement, including the need to notify Human Resources of any changes in circumstances.
- Participate in the agreed scheme for staff development, training and appraisal and be committed to continuous personal and professional development.
- Carry out all duties with due regard to Health and Safety Regulations.
- Ensure compliance with the Financial Regulations of the College
- Ensure compliance with the College Computer & Telecommunication Systems regulations, policies and procedures.
- Notify HR of any changes in personal details, eg a change of name or address, telephone number, next of kin/emergency contact details, etc.
Key skills, responsibilities and attitudes required as our Casual Instructor include:
- First Aid qualification and at least one national governing body instructor qualification
- At least one national governing body instructor qualification
- The ability to work at a practical level
- The ability to work in a number of teams
- Able to relate well to students with special Educational needs
- To be able to cope with rapidly changing circumstances
Closing date: 21st July 2019
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Casual Instructor role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.