PA to Assistant Principal
Brockenhurst College has an exciting opportunity for a PA to Assistant Principal to join their dedicated and enthusiastic team. You will be working on a full time, permanent basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £23,794 to £25,411 per annum.
This is an exciting opportunity working as part of a team of Personal Assistants, and co-ordinating quality and staff development within a thriving further education college. This diverse role is required to provide high quality secretarial and administrative support to the Assistant Principal (Learning and Quality) and co-ordinating quality assurance processes and professional development. You must possess extremely strong organisational skills, an ability to communicate effectively and professionally at all levels of seniority, have a strong attention to detail, be able to work under pressure and have a high degree of self-motivation. You will need a minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent (to include English and Maths), an ECDL, RSA llI or equivalent qualification, an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office and, ideally, a minimum of three years’ previous administrative experience in a similar capacity. The successful candidate will have a discreet and confidential approach along with the ability to work on their own initiative yet be part of a highly efficient team. Flexibility, adaptability, diplomacy and a sense of humour are also essential qualities for this role.
As a PA to Assistant Principal your priorities will be:
- Providing a high level of confidential and comprehensive administrative support
- Dealing with incoming communications, and draft correspondence with or without instruction
- Organising appointments diary, arranging meetings and logistics, including travel arrangements.
- Attending and administering meetings, preparing agendas, taking minutes, and proactively following up actions
- Ensuring a high standard of competence in all Microsoft Office programs, most notably Excel and Access data bases
- Supporting in the preparation of tender documentation required for professional bodies, external accreditations and similar.
- Co-ordination and tracking of all quality assurance systems
- Liaising with awarding bodies and exam boards
- Undertake project work on individual issues
- Collate and manage external quality assurance visits and reviews across all awarding organisations
- Collate and analyse data and management information.
- Maintain and track all staff training needs emerging from the performance review and quality monitoring systems
- Responsible for co-ordinating and processing all staff training and development requests across the whole College and maintaining a database
Our ideal PA to Assistant Principal will need:
- A minimum of 5 x GCSE A-C grades to include English and Maths (or equivalent)
- A range of Level 2/3 Business Administration / Secretarial / ECDL qualifications
- A range of experience working in a comparable environment, including preparation of agendas, minutes and reports
- Experience of collection and analysis of data and management information.
- Experience of quality assurance systems
- Experience of maintaining and monitoring staff training needs
- Experience of setting up electronic, e-platform and paper based systems and driving change within working practices.
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written
- Attention to detail due to the highly regulated nature of the work
Benefits of becoming our PA to Assistant Principal:
- Access to onsite Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out)
- Weekly staff Yoga and Football
- On-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates in and outside of term time
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free eye care vouchers
- Free secure onsite parking
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff)
- An option to purchase further leave through our Annual Leave Purchase Scheme (Support Staff only)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to the College. This is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff at the College
If you feel you are the right candidate for this PA to Assistant Principal role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date is Monday 9 August 2021. Interviews will be held Wednesday 25 August 2021.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK