Part- time Lecturer in Carpentry
Brockenhurst College has an exciting opportunity for a Lecturer in Carpentry to join their dedicated and enthusiastic team based in Marchwood, Southampton. You will be working on a part time, claims basis, in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £21.69 – £35.38 per hour.
We are a high-achieving college who attract around 2,800 sixth form students across the region each year. We are based within the stunning New Forest National Park and offer our students a huge range of courses and superb facilities.
As our Lecturer in Carpentry you will:
- Undertake teaching activities and assess on a range of courses as agreed with the Head of Marchwood and/or relevant college managers.
- Ensure that administration tasks are completed and provide reports and statistics regarding student’s data.
- Prepare and assess student work, monitor progress towards individual targets, keep records and provide timely reports/reviews to learners, parents, employers and College managers, as appropriate.
- Work closely with other colleagues to respond to the needs of students and ensure continuous improvements are made.
-Pay due attention to the principles of inclusive learning
- Contribute to the future planning and development of the curriculum.
- Ensure that literacy and numeracy skills are developed through the programmes.
- Contribute to the teaching/learning resource bank for the relevant programmes.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of developments in the relevant occupational sector and curriculum.
- Organise and participate in relevant visits, field trips etc.
The ideal Lecturer in Carpentry will need:
- Level 3 qualification (or equivalent) relevant to specialist curriculum area
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)s PTLLS or Certificate in Education
- Level 2 literacy and numeracy or equivalent
- TAQA or equivalent
- A1 (D32/33) Assessors Award Qualification & A2 (D34) Internal verifiers Qualification
- Evidence of CPD
- Technically competent in subject area with recent and relevant professional industry and commercial experience
- Experience in the related subject they will teaching and assessing.
- A good working knowledge of quality systems and procedures
- Experience of course development and improving teaching and learning
- Ability to analyse and interpret data to support quality improvement
- Experience of managing study programmes at Level 1 and 2
- Experience of working within the further education sector
- Curriculum administration task associated with the role
- Experience of inspiring learners to successfully complete their courses
- Knowledge and understanding of current developments in the construction industry
- Knowledge of appropriate health and safety requirements
- Evidence of links with relevant curriculum networks
- Understanding of digital/ virtual learning platforms
- Understanding of safeguarding vulnerable groups
Benefits as the Lecturer in Carpentry will include:
- Access to onsite Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out)
- Weekly staff Yoga and Football
- On-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates in and outside of term time
- Enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Free eye care vouchers
- Free secure onsite parking
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- 37 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff) and an option to purchase further leave through our Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to the College. This is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff at the College.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Lecturer in Carpentry role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.