Performing Arts Technician and Theatre Manager
Brockenhurst College has an exciting opportunity for a Performing Arts Technician and Theatre Manager to join their dedicated and enthusiastic team. You will be working on a full time, term time only basis (37 hrs per week for 39 weeks with 60 hrs to cover performance/open event) receiving a rate of £18,350 - £23,040 per annum.
We are a high-achieving college who attract around 2,800 sixth form students across the region each year. We are based within the stunning New Forest National Park and offer our students a huge range of courses and superb facilities.
As a Performing Arts Technician and Theatre Manager you will undertake the responsibility of maintaining the spaces and resources in the Performing Arts Department and a range of technical duties in support of the academic function. A range of duties are outlined below. Full job description available. We are looking for a person who has technical experience in the theatre and also enjoys working alongside students and lecturers.
Main tasks will include:
- Maintaining all the performing arts spaces and technical resources
- Preparing, setting up equipment and resources for lessons and performances
- Operating sound and lighting for performances
- Managing the student stage crews for performances
- Recording and streaming performance work to the general public
- Maintaining an events/booking and re-rooming diary
Our ideal Performing Arts Technician and Theatre Manager will need:
- Level 3 or NVQ in any stage craft or theatre management qualification or relevant experience.
- Experience managing an arts centre or theatre
- Experience managing external companies
- Experience running a theatre timetable
- Theatre work experience - operating and designing sound and lighting for productions and for the academic programme
- General stage management experience
- The ability to repair and maintain the equipment in the Performing Arts department
- Knowledge of sound and lighting for the theatre
- CAD/sketchup knowledge and application
- High quality video creation and editing knowledge
- Sound editing and creation knowledge
Benefits of becoming our Performing Arts Technician and Theatre Manager:
- Access to onsite Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out)
- Weekly staff Yoga and Football
- On-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates in and outside of term time
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free eye care vouchers
- Free secure onsite parking
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff)
- An option to purchase further leave through our Annual Leave Purchase Scheme (Support Staff only)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to the College. This is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff at the College
Closing Date – 9th August 2021
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Performing Arts Technician and Theatre Manager role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK