Brockenhurst College has an exciting opportunity for a Physics Lecturer to join their dedicated and enthusiastic team. You will be working on a part time, permanent basis, in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £22,372 - £36,480 FTE per annum (pro rata).
We are a high-achieving college who attract around 3,000 sixth form students across the region each year. We are based within the stunning New Forest National Park and offer our students a huge range of courses and superb facilities.
As a Physics Lecturer you will:
- Teach on courses as agreed with the Head of Curriculum
- Act as Course Leader, when requested
- Prepare and mark student work, monitor progress towards individual targets, keep records, IV and provide timely reports/reviews to students, parents, employers and College managers, as appropriate
- Work closely with other colleagues to respond to the needs of students
- Pay due attention to the principles of inclusive learning including: support for students with learning difficulties and disabilities; extension resources/activities for students of higher ability; general resources, including the use of Information Learning Technology
- Contribute to the design, delivery and future planning and development of the curriculum including blended learning approaches
- Contribute to the teaching/learning resource bank including e resources for the relevant subject/courses
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of developments in the relevant subject/course
- Develop and maintain effective external links related to the delivery of the subject/course and represent the College at relevant meetings
Our ideal Physics Lecturer:
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification in relevant subject area to include Physics
- Excellent teaching skills
- Able to manage learners and learning effectively
- Able to develop effective learning resources
- Knowledge and understanding of current developments in Physics A level
- Supportive and positive approach to teaching and learning
- Effective team player
- Good administrative and organisational skills
- Effective communication skills
- Able to meet tight deadlines and handle pressure and a range of demands
- Good-humoured, energetic and enthusiastic
- Ability or willingness to use and develop Information Learning
- Technology and other IT applications
Benefits of becoming our Physics Lecturer:
- Access to onsite Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out)
- Weekly staff Yoga and Football
- On-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates in and outside of term time
- Enrolment into the Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Free eye care vouchers
- Free secure onsite parking
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- 37 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff) and an option to purchase further leave through our Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to the College. This is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff at the College.
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Physics Lecturer role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you! We are also welcoming applications from new graduates.
Closing Date: 8th August 2021
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.