Brockenhurst College has an exciting opportunity for a SEN Administrator to join their team, working on a part time (term time only – working 40 weeks), permanent basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £16,845 - £18,012 per annum pro rata.
We are a high-achieving college who attract around 3,000 sixth form students across the region each year. We are based within the stunning New Forest National Park and offer our students a huge range of courses and superb facilities.
The SEN Administrator role:
You will provide a range of efficient and effective administrative support to the LDD manager to include the coordination of Annual Reviews for learners in receipt of an EHCP.
Key responsibilities as our SEN Administrator:
- Liaising with Teachers, Learning Support Assistant Coordinator, Learning Support Assistants, Skills Development, Student Support Managers and Heads of Curriculum to obtain student feedback in a timely manner for Education, Health Care Plan (EHCP) Annual reviews
- Work within IT systems or paper based systems as appropriate
- Contacting Parents, Local Authorities and other Lead professionals to arrange Annual EHCP Reviews within statutory timeframes provided by the Local Authority.
- Requesting feedback from Parents and the Young person in advance of the Annual EHCP Review.
- Planning and coordinating various diaries to book EHCP Annual Reviews to ensure that the statutory 365-day deadline is met between each review date.
- Ensuring that paperwork is completed in accordance with statutory requirements
- Escalate any issues to the Head of Curriculum where necessary
- Assisting with other admin duties assigned by the LDD Manager that may be required related to the management of EHCP’s– filing, scanning, logging messages onto the Emily system etc.
- Collating information for new EHCP Requests for Assessment from parents, teachers and other professionals involved
- Sourcing & recording information from EMILY
- Attend Annual reviews or open events at Schools where required by the LDD Manager
- Arrange Interviews for prospective applicants in receipt of an EHCP on the College Admissions System
Key skills and attributes required as our SEN Administrator will include:
- A minimum of GCSE A-C or equivalent in English and Math
- Experience of Information and Advice or Customer Service
- Experience of data entry. General administrative duties.
- Administration and organisational Competent in the range of Windows/Office packages including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to work with in-house IT systems after training
- Cheerful and positive with a “can do” approach
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, including accurate written English.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
- Good IT, telephone, and organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and accurately to tight deadlines
- Good numeracy skills. Accurate record keeping
- Diplomacy, combined with a firm but empathetic attitude.
Benefits as our SEN Administrator will include:
- Access to onsite Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out)
- Weekly staff Yoga and Football
- On-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates in and outside of term time
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free eye care vouchers
- Free secure onsite parking
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff) and an option to purchase further leave through our Annual Leave Purchase Scheme.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to the College. This is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff at the College.
Closing date: 17th January 2019
If you feel you are the right candidate for this SEN Administrator role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.