Senior Lead Lecturer in Carpentry
Brockenhurst College has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Lead Lecturer in Carpentry to join their dedicated and enthusiastic team. You will be working on a full time basis, in return, you will receive a competitive salary.
As our Senior Lead Lecturer in Carpentry, you will continually improve the learning experience and achievement of students through effective teaching and management of the curriculum.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Senior Lead Lecturer in Carpentry, the role requires substantial experience as we are evolving into an exciting chapter at Marchwood Skills Centre. The successful candidate will be required to undertake course management responsibility with a key focus on ensuring quality in the delivery of the courses within carpentry. The current course provision is limited to Level 1 and apprenticeships but we are keen to further develop the area. As a provider of boatbuild apprenticeships and composites courses we would welcome applications from individuals who may have additional skills in these areas which would complement the Senior Lead role.
As a Senior Lead Lecturer in Carpentry you will:
- Undertake teaching activities and assess on a range of courses as agreed with the Head of Marchwood and/or relevant college managers
- Take the lead on curriculum design, development and review with managers and colleagues
- Work collaboratively with the Lead Internal Verifier and undertake a weekly meeting with associated staff involved in the curriculum delivery
- Ensure that administration tasks are completed and provide reports and statistics regarding student’s data
- Prepare and assess student work, monitor progress towards individual targets, keep records and provide timely reports/reviews to learners, parents, employers and College managers, as appropriate
- Work closely with other colleagues to respond to the needs of students and ensure continuous improvements are made.
Our ideal Senior Lead Lecturer in Carpentry:
- Level 3 qualification (or equivalent) relevant to specialist curriculum area
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)s PTLLS or Certificate in Education
- Level 2 literacy and numeracy or equivalent
- TAQA or equivalent
- A1 (D32/33) Assessors Award Qualification
- A2 (D34) Internal verifiers Qualification
- Evidence of CPD
- Technically competent in subject area with recent and relevant professional industry and commercial experience
- A good working knowledge of of quality systems and procedures
- Experience of course development and improving teaching and learning
- Experience of managing study programmes at Level 1 and 2
- Evidence of delivering improvements in the curriculum
- Managing diverse groups of students
- Experience of working within the further education sector
- Curriculum administration associated with the role
- Experience of inspiring learners to successfully complete their courses
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Senior Lead Lecturer in Carpentry role then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Closing Date: 28th February 2021
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.