Room Leader/Senior Nursery Nurse
Senior Nursery Nurse – Highwood Nursery – Brockenhurst – Full Time – Permanent – £20,767 to £22,811 pa
Are you an experienced level 3 qualified Nursery Nurse looking for promotion or experience in an Outstanding setting?
Would you like to join our friendly and dedicated team at Highwood Nursery?
Do you have a caring nature and love working with young children to help them grow and develop?
Do you enjoy working alongside parents to support their child to help them reach their full potential?
If so, the team are looking for a Senior Nursery Nurse and would love to hear from you!
The Nursery is managed by the Brockenhurst College and is rated Outstanding by Ofsted, we offer a flexible and high quality childcare service for children aged 3 months through to 5 years. Which means you will play a vital part in their early years and development, making a huge difference to young lives! We offer a warm, friendly and welcoming atmosphere for our parents and children, who we encourage to explore and grow at their own pace, all under the guidance and support of our amazing staff – and we want you to be part of our team.
As a Senior Nursery Nurse at Highwood Nursery you will enjoy a variety of duties, these as you can imagine are everchanging with each day. However you will always be focused on the provision of outstanding care for the children in your group (although you may on occasions be required to work flexibly across all areas of the nursery) as well as taking responsibility for day to day operational matters. Part of your job will see you ensuring the nursery is always kept safe and secure, paying due attention to relevant regulations within the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS). The biggest part – and the most fun part – of your day/week will working with parents and watching the children grow and develop. This would be through planned and prepared, continuous provision, ensuring there are stimulating and exciting activities with relevant resources, suitable for the age and stage of development for the children in your group to enjoy!
Key Skills and Experience
- You will need at least 2 years’ experience of working as a Nursery Nurse with children in a group care setting and be able to demonstrate comprehensive understanding of childcare, development and behaviour
- Hold at least a level 3 childcare qualification
- You will be a hardworking, dedicated and caring individual and enjoy working with young children in a challenging yet very rewarding team environment
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal with individuals of all ages
- Have a commitment to work flexibly within the high standards expected
- Enjoy working with children aged 3 months to 5 years and provide exciting and enjoyable activities that will promote their development.
If this Senior Nursery Nurse role, sounds like the one for you and you have the necessary skills and experience and enjoy working with young children, helping to developing their skills through planned and exciting activities, then please apply today by completing the application form.
Not only can we offer you the opportunity to work amongst a dedicated and committed staff team, with excellent holiday entitlements, including 2 weeks closure at Christmas, with flexible working hours giving you at least one half day off a week if not two and brilliant pension benefits.
If you require more information please contact Vicky, Sue, Nicky or Megan at Highwood Nursery on 01590 625332 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 22 April 2019
- Access to onsite Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out)
- Weekly staff Yoga and Football
- On-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates all year round
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free eye care vouchers for DSE users
- Free secure onsite parking
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to the College. This is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff at the College