Student Liaison and Security Officer
Brockenhurst College has an exciting opportunity for a Student Liaison and Security Officer to join their team. Working on a full time basis (37 hours per week - 36 weeks term time only) you will receive a competitive salary of £18,350 - £23,040 per annum (£15,311.45 to £19,224.83 pro-rata)
We are a high-achieving college who attract around 3,000 sixth form students across the region each year. We are based within the stunning New Forest National Park and offer our students a huge range of courses and superb facilities.
The Student Liaison and Security Officer role:
You will maintain the security of the College site during the college day, promoting the safety of the infrastructure, and all those within. You will work and liaise closely with college students, staff and visitors to ensure their safety and well-being and assist with ensuring compliance with all relevant College policies.
Key responsibilities as our Student Liaison and Security Officer:
- To ensure the safety of the college site and immediate environment during the college day.
- To ensure the safety of the college staff, students and visitors during the college day, with regular ID checks.
- Liaison with the local Brockenhurst community, providing a regular presence and monitoring student behaviour, litter problems, and safe driving.
- To liaise with all necessary staff regarding student activities and take action in the outcomes and decisions regarding student disciplinary issues.
- Support site security and student welfare and safety at all other college sites.
- General site security, including bag searches, smoking area monitoring and the use and checking of CCTV as appropriate.
- To maintain security of the College car parks, monitoring their use by staff, students and visitors and the checking of permits.
- To undertake car parking duties and provide security for college events including some weekends and out of hours’ events.
- First aid and incident attendance where required by College Nurse or other members of staff.
- To locate missing or ‘at risk’ students as requested.
Key skills and attributes required as our Student Liaison and Security Officer include:
- Experience working with challenging behaviours and handling difficult situations.
- Full, Clean UK driving licence.
- Good common sense and a good sense of humour.
- Be fit, able to work outside.
- Good team worker, but happy to work alone.
- Ability to work with and relate to young people.
- Self-motivated and self-starter.
- Must be available and willing to help with car parking for college events (parents & open evening etc), which is occasionally evening/weekend work.
Benefits as our Student Liaison and Security Officer will include:
- Access to onsite Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out)
- Weekly staff Yoga and Football
- On-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates in and outside of term time
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free secure onsite parking
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff) and an option to purchase further leave through our Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Student Liaison and Security Officer rolethen please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.