Training and Work Advisor
Brockenhurst College is now looking for an enthusiastic Training and Work Advisor to join our dedicated QuickStart team in Southampton on a full time, permanent basis. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £21,609 - £23,737 per annum.
About the role:
As the Training and Work Advisor you ensure the provision and documentation of high-quality guidance in relation to training and work for adults.
Responsibilities as our Training and Work Advisor will include:
- Providing and documenting high quality guidance related to training and work to adults at pre-entry, on-course and exit points, meeting contractual requirements
- Ensuring that the learning/training plans of individuals are compliant with the requirements of JCP/DWP and other organisations
- Delivering both 1-1 and group information sessions for prospective learners who are looking to enrol onto a course (in and out of centre
- Attending job centres to promote QuickStart courses and support with IAG requirements, building and maintaining working relationships with DWP and other external stakeholders
- Receiving and making referrals of clients within and beyond the institution where specialist support is required
- Teaching Employability Skills to the QuickStart learners where required. Help develop resources to a high quality
- Taking a lead in sourcing and developing specialist IAG information resources, including specialist resources on all aspects of job search, ensuring that learners and potential learners can make and implement effective learning, training, career choices and decisions
- Regular employment engagement to build and maintain partnerships & collaborations.
- Working with relevant staff to ensure that IAG systems and procedures operate effectively for the entitlement and needs of the learners and the quality requirements of OFSTED and Matrix
- Participating in training, networking, labour market research and sharing good practice both internally and externally, ensuring that practice at Brockenhurst remains at the forefront of recognised, excellence in IAG
- Completing and supplying appropriate documentation in respect of adults undertaking IAG and training programmes with the College
As our Training and Work Advisor, you’ll ideally have:
- Educated to at least A level, or equivalent standard
- Completed or willing to work towards NVQ 3 in IAG
- A relevant experience of working in an Information and Advice setting with adult clients
- Experience in training and supporting other staff in Information and Advice good practice
- Experience in networking and employer engagement
- Knowledge of qualification frameworks and progression routes
- Knowledge of the IAG sector and current good practice
- The ability to motivate and energise others into providing IAG good practice and record-keeping
- A flexible approach to working hours and willing to work in a variety of locations, involving some travel across Hampshire, Dorset and Wiltshire
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff)
- An option to purchase further leave through our Annual Leave Purchase Scheme
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to the College. This is a completely confidential service and is free to all members of staff at the College.
- Main-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates in and outside of term time
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free eye care vouchers
- Free onsite parking
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- Access to Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out) at main site
- Weekly staff football at main site
If you feel you are the right candidate for this Training and Work Advisor role, then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.